Teradata Certification Training
Data warehouse and analytics pioneer Teradata was formed in 1979. By 1983 the company launched its first system featuring key architectural components that are still in use today: parallel architecture with automatic hashed data placement and self-managing files.
Teradata has installed more than 2,400 data warehouses and helped more than 950 companies manage data, according to the company. In March of 2014 Teradata was noted as being positioned as a leader for the 15th consecutive year in the 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Management Systems.
Teradata offers training and certifications ranging from novice to mastery, as explained on its website. According to Teradata a certified master will have a distinct advantage in the global marketplace given verifiable knowledge and skills to support business-critical Teradata systems.
Types of Teradata certifications
Teradata offers two primary tracks for certification:
Teradata 12 Certification Track
This track includes exams covering the features and functionality of the Teradata Database 12.0:
- Teradata 12 Certified Associate: Exam TE0-01A
- Teradata 12 Certified Professional: Exam TE0-121
- Teradata 12 Certified Technical Specialist: Exam TE0-122, TE0-123
- Teradata 12 Certified Database Administrator: Exam TE0-124
- Teradata 12 Certified Solutions Developer: Exam TE0-125
- Teradata 12 Certified Enterprise Architect: Exam TE0-126
- Teradata 12 Certified V2R5 Master: Exam TE0-12Q
- Teradata 12 Certified Master: Exam TE0-127
Teradata 12 certified candidates have the opportunity to "bridge" from Teradata 12 to Teradata 14 and also achieve Masters Certification on the Teradata 14 Certification track.
Teradata 14 Certification Track
This track includes exams covering the features and functionality of the Teradata Database 13.0, 13.10 and 14.0 (including SLES 11):
- Teradata 14 Certified Professional: Exam TE0-141
- Teradata 14 Certified Technical Specialist: Exam TE0-142, TE0-143
- Teradata 14 Certified Database Administration: Exam TE0-14B, TE0-144
- Teradata 14 Certified Solutions Developer: Exam TE0-145
- Teradata 14 Certified Enterprise Architect: Exam TE0-146
- Teradata 14 Certified Master: Exam TE0-147
Information about exams
There are a variety of ways a candidate can potentially progress in their path towards certification. Here's an outline of three:
- Path to Teradata 14 Mastery: Teradata 12 Masters can update current Masters Certification from Teradata 12 to Teradata 14 by passing one exam: Teradata 14 Comprehensive Mastery Exam (TE0-147).
- Path to Teradata 12 Mastery: V2R5 Masters must take both the Teradata 12 Qualifying Exam for V2R5 Masters (TE0-12Q) and the Teradata 12 Comprehensive Mastery Exam (TE0-127) to achieve a Teradata 12 Master Certification.
- V2R5 Masters candidates wishing to upgrade to Teradata 14 Masters Certification must first upgrade to Teradata 12 Master Certification.
The Teradata 14 Bridge from Teradata 12 Exam is designed to allow Teradata 12 certified candidates to "bridge" from Teradata 12 to Teradata 14 and pursue a role or Masters Certification on the Teradata 14 Certification track. Candidates, in good standing, who qualify for this exam, may take one (bridge) exam and bypass all Baseline Exams.