Citrix Certifications Training
Ed Iacobucci was an IBM developer with a vision to create an operating system that provided multi-user support. When IBM didn't bite, he took matters into his own hands and in 1989 established a company now known as Citrix Systems. Today, Citrix is a multinational corporation providing organizations with server and desktop virtualization, networking, software-as-a-service and cloud computing technologies, including the well known Xen. It is also a leading provider of professional IT certifications.
The promise of virtualization is access to applications anywhere, on any device. Citrix Systems' Certified Administrator credential validates an IT professional's expertise with products like XenDesktop and NetScaler for virtual computing enterprise solutions.
Citrix certifications could give IT pros a career edge
As of 2011, Citrix Systems served more than 230,000 organizations worldwide, and all of them need qualified information technology professionals capable of managing Citrix technologies. The company's certifications ensure candidates have the experience necessary to plan, implement, manage and troubleshoot all types of Citrix products, a sought-after skill that gives them an edge in the job field. Citrix certifications can also improve overall earning potential. According to Global Knowledge's 2011 IT Skills and Salary Report, the median salary for an IT pro with a Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) certification, one of Citrix's most popular products, was a notable $83,653.
According to its website, Citrix offers three levels of certifications ranging from novice to expert: Administrator, Engineer and Architect. The following are among the company's best known credentials by series.
Citrix Administrator Series Certifications
Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA): According to the Association for Computing Machinery, the CCA is an entry-level certification ideal for IT professionals whose networks employ Citrix virtualization technology, establishing their ability to implement, administer and troubleshoot a variety of Citrix products.
Citrix Certified Advanced Administrator (CCAA): The CCAA certification builds upon the skills established via CCA certification. The CCAA certification focuses on more advanced functions like the monitoring and optimization of Citrix products.
Citrix Engineer Series Certifications
Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE): As the only Engineer-level Citrix certification, the CCEE credential is designed for seasoned professionals who demonstrate that they can plan and implement multiple Citrix products into a comprehensive virtualization solution. Citrix notes that CCEE engineers can build optimal Citrix environments, ranging from desktops to data centers and private clouds, while keeping up with key industry trends and best practices.
Citrix Architect Series Certifications
Citrix Certified Integration Architect (CCIA): The most advanced of all Citrix certifications, the CCIA credential proves that one can design and analyze comprehensive end-to-end virtualized environments using Citrix products and best practices.
- 95% alumni satisfaction rate.
- Currently holds more than 500 professional alliances, including 19 of the top Fortune 100 companies.
- Courses are taught by expert faculty, with 86% of professors possessing a doctoral degree.
- Offers credit for prior experience and learning, as well as scholarships, accelerated programs, and several other ways to help reduce tuition costs.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Dedicated to providing a hands-on, career-focused education since 1953.
- Offers classes online, as well as at 14 campuses across California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois and Virginia.
- Develops curriculum with input from employers, subject matter experts.
- Has small class sizes to promote one-on-one, student-teacher interaction.
- Makes no-cost tutoring available in every subject to every enrolled student.
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid