Microsoft training spotlight: MCITP certification
MCITP Training and Certification: A New Way to Express Your SkillsMicrosoft certifications focus on certain areas of competency more than on proficiency with individual Microsoft products. In the IT certification grouping, you can get your MCITP training in 4 different areas. These 4 areas include database developer, database administrator, business intelligence developer, and enterprise support technician.
IT Professional: Database DeveloperIn order to take the database developer training and certification exam, you have to possess your Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): SQL Server 2005 credential. After that you need to pass 2 more exams. These are:
- Designing Database Solutions by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Open License 6.0
- Designing and Optimizing Data Access by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
IT Professional: Database AdministratorThe prerequisite accreditation to taking this exam is the MCTS: SQL Server 2005 certification. To achieve your MCITP: Database Administrator certification you need to complete the following 2 exams:
- Designing a Database Server Infrastructure by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administration Solution by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
IT Professional: Business Intelligence DeveloperPrior to gaining your MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer certification you must hold your MCTS: SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence certification. Then you need to pass these 2 exams:
- Designing a Business Intelligence Solution by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence--Implementation and Maintenance.
IT Professional: Enterprise Support TechnicianEarning your MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician certification involves passing one exam:
- Enterprise Support Technician exam--Supporting and troubleshooting applications on Windows Vista.
Microsoft Certifications: "MCITP Certification."