Cisco networking training spotlight: CCNP certification
What Is Involved in CCNP Training and Certification?
The prerequisite to CCNP training and certification is a valid CCNA (Cisco Certified Networking Associate) certification. At this level, you will be able to develop a core network capable of supporting between 100 and 500 nodes.
There are 3 or 4 exams required to attain your CCNP certification depending upon which exam path you choose. The Composite exam encompasses the topics covered in both the "Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks" exam and the "Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks."
Topics Mastered through CCNP Training:
- EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol)
- OSPF (open shortest path first)
- IS-IS (intermediate system to intermediate system)
- IOS routing (input/output system)
- BGP (border gateway protocol)
- Multicast forwarding
- VLAN (virtual local area network)
- Spanning tree protocols including the different types and uses
- Inter-VLAN routing
- Gateway redundancy technology
- Wireless client access
- Switched network security features
- Voice support
- Teleworker services
Cisco Systems Inc. "Cisco Certified Network Professional Exam"