Photoshop training gets you in the studioKelly Richardson, March 30, 2007
Pictures are worth a thousand words. But what if you could make those pictures say even more? The Photoshop software platform allows you to put your own personal touch on any photograph. And Photoshop training will give you a set of marketable design skills in demand in design studios across the globe.
Photoshop is a powerful niche of the Adobe Creative Suite that gives you total control over downloaded photos and freehand drawings. Available for the Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Mac OS operating systems, Photoshop is the current market leader for commercial bitmap and image manipulation. And it's the perfect software program for digital photo editing. Its popularity has even coined a new technology phrase - photoshopping - which has become a slang term for editing an image.
Photoshop Training TechniquesHere are just a few of the exciting features you'll master in Photoshop training.
- Layers. Photoshop's layering technique allows you to pick apart a photo, piece by piece. You can combine images for a striking effect.
- Treatments. Training in image treatments enables you to work with coloring, shading, and texture to enhance various image aspects and soften others.
- Texting. For a final touch on your doctored image, use Photoshop's texting features to add words and messages to complete your creation.
Employment Options for PhotoshopOnce you earn your certification, you'll have no trouble in finding opportunities to put your skills to good use. Photoshop pros are regularly consulted for a variety of unique projects and applications. Here are just a few of the positions you'll qualify for.
- Graphic Design. Graphic designers use Photoshop to create a variety of business communications and marketing and advertising pieces.
- Web Design. Couple your training with a Web design degree and you'll be creating eye-popping Web pages for a variety of purposes.
- Direct Mail. Direct mail firms rely on designers with Photoshop training for influential messaging that speaks to the target audience.